Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bert & Rocky's Cream Company - Claremont

Bert & Rocky's Cream Company - Claremont 1


KiwiBear - Claremont wasn't able to survive the frozen yogurt craze, but good old ice cream shops like Bert & Rocky's Cream Company are still going strong.

These photos are from April 2007. I know! What can I say? Things get lost in the queue.

Hmm. It's been so long I can't even remember where we ate beforehand, and you know how I like to keep track of when and where I've eaten and with whom I ate it. I at least remembered which friend I was with at the time. :P Anyway, after lunch with my friend, we stopped off at Bert & Rocky's for dessert.


Bert & Rocky's Cream Company - Claremont 2


She got a raspberry, although I don't know why I don't have that photo. So unlike me!

I got green tea ice cream. I've had Bert & Rocky's other flavors, mainly chocolate and the usual American flavors and enjoyed them, but this green tea was all wrong. I should've asked for a sample first, but I didn't think they could mess up green tea.


Bert & Rocky's Cream Company - Claremont 3


They also make their own chocolates.


Bert & Rocky's Cream Company - Claremont 4


And sell lots of other candies as well. I've never seen so many colors of M&Ms before!


Bert & Rocky's Cream Company - Claremont 5


And who in their right minds would want to eat candy rats or tarantulas?!


Bert & Rocky's Cream Company - Claremont 6


My dad bought me violet candies when I was a kid. I've rarely see them for sale.


Bert & Rocky's Cream Company - Claremont 7


Other ice cream shops:
Fair Oaks Pharmacy and Soda Fountain - South Pasadena
Fosselman's Ice Cream Co. - Alhambra
Saffron Spot - Artesia (Little India)

Bert & Rocky's Cream Company
242 Yale Ave.
Claremont, CA 91711
909-625-1852

*****
1 year ago today, Banh Mi & Che CALI Bakery - Westminster (Little Saigon).
2 years ago today, fall-apart tender Buta No Kakuni (Japanese Braised Pork).
3 years ago today, Langer's Delicatessen - Restaurant - Los Angeles (Westlake).

3 comments:

  1. hi wc - did you like the taste of the violet candies? violet is not usually a flavor a kid would like. just curious. glad to know that this mom and pop place survived. i would rather go to those types of ice cream shops than baskins or cold stone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! Green tea ice cream is always good, that's too bad :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. CC,
    I did, but not at first. The violet candies grew on me.

    Anna,
    It usually is. That's why I didn't think I had to taste test this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!