Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Kum Lee (Kho Bo Mut) - Westminster (Little Saigon)

My day with Lan of Angry Asian Creations wasn't quite done. After our lunch at Quan Vy Da Restaurant - Westminster (Little Saigon), she wanted some xi muoi (Vietnamese preserved plums).

We could have hit up one of the many locations of Vua Kho Bo, but I decided to go the mom and pop business route and took her to Kum Lee (Kho Bo Mut), located in the Asian Village Mall.


Kum Lee (Kho Bo Mut) - Westminster (Little Saigon) 1


Vast selection of beef, venison, squid, and fish jerky in the back. Dried and preserved fruits along the walls.


Kum Lee (Kho Bo Mut) - Westminster (Little Saigon) 2


Red watermelon seeds. Dried mangoes.


Kum Lee (Kho Bo Mut) - Westminster (Little Saigon) 3


More dried and preserved fruits that I can't remember.


Kum Lee (Kho Bo Mut) - Westminster (Little Saigon) 4


Close-up of the jerky.


Kum Lee (Kho Bo Mut) - Westminster (Little Saigon) 5


Store-made lap xuong (Chinese sausage).


Kum Lee (Kho Bo Mut) - Westminster (Little Saigon) 6


Anyway, just another option if you're in the mood for some Vietnamese jerky, dried fruit, and candies.

We chilled for a bit across the street at the Asian Garden Mall before stopping off at Ba Tu Trai Cay Ngon - Westminster (Little Saigon) to get some mangosteens.

Kum Lee (Kho Bo Mut) (Located in the Asian Village Mall)
9191 Bolsa Ave., #129
Westminster, CA 92683
714-897-6381

*****
1 year ago today, memories of my paternal grandmother and her signature dish -- banh nam (Vietnamese steamed flat rice dumplings with shrimp and pork).
2 years ago today, muop (Vietnamese loofah).
3 years ago today, Goi Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Salad).

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a large selection of items to choose from! I do not remember seeing that much jerky at Vua Kho Bo but it is probably because I don't buy much jerky these days. Funny that you mention Vua Kho Bo too as I just went to it last Wednesday :). I think I like the easier to reach design of this store though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cool, the adventures of Miss WC & Miss Angry Asian. Isn't this in the same plaza as A Dong supermarket and dragon or phoenix the dim sum restaurant upstairs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ETE,
    I'd say the selection is about the same at both places. Well, depends on which location of Vua Kho Bo you go to.

    David,
    You're jealous. I know it! Yup, same plaza although the dim sum restaurant is a different one now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!