Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Saturday, June 13, 2009

PDX and My Parents' Chihuahuas

1 PDX and My Parents' Chihuahuas 1

Yay! Because of my procrastination, just when I finished blogging about my last trip to Portland, I can immediately launch into blogging about my next visit! :P

This time, I flew up alone.

PDX, the airport but we also use it to refer to the City of Roses, is always my first glimpse of home. The second is Mount Hood in the background.



1 PDX and My Parents' Chihuahuas 2

This parking structure is actually fairly new, built in the late 1990s. Every time I see it, I think of the worker who lost his life during its construction. :(

1 PDX and My Parents' Chihuahuas 3

1 PDX and My Parents' Chihuahuas 4

1 PDX and My Parents' Chihuahuas 5

My dad had gone fishing that morning and timed it so that he would come back when I arrived. Awww. Freshly caught fish. My mom fried these up and we ate them simply with rice and Nuoc Mam Cham (Vietnamese Fish Dipping Sauce). Mmm. I had forgotten how much I love simply fried fish.

1 PDX and My Parents' Chihuahuas 6

It's Penny welcoming me home!

1 PDX and My Parents' Chihuahuas 7

1 PDX and My Parents' Chihuahuas 8

And Sebastien too!

1 PDX and My Parents' Chihuahuas 9

Come play with us!

1 PDX and My Parents' Chihuahuas 10

Please?

1 PDX and My Parents' Chihuahuas 11

My mom's Night Blooming Cereus/Dutchman's Pipe Cactus. Her green thumb is amazing. Wait until you see it bloom.

1 PDX and My Parents' Chihuahuas 12

All Oregon posts can be found with the tag Series: Oregon, but I suggest reading this particular trip in this order:
PDX and My Parents' Chihuahuas
Salvador Molly's - Portland - Oregon
Why My Mom's Banh Canh Cua (Vietnamese Thick Noodle Soup with Crab) Is Better Than Your Momma's
Ha & VL - Portland - Oregon
Karma Cafe - Portland - Oregon
Oc Xao Nam He (Vietnamese Clams Sauteed with Mushrooms and Chives)
Beverly Cleary Sculpture Garden - Grant Park - Portland - Oregon
Pok Pok - Portland - Oregon
Portland Farmers Market at PSU - Portland - Oregon
Downtown Portland - Oregon Redux
Mill Ends Park (Smallest Park in the World) - Portland - Oregon
Tabor - Portland - Oregon
Kenny & Zuke's Delicatessen - Portland - Oregon 
Mom's Chao Vit (Vietnamese Rice Porridge with Duck)
Oriental Food Value - Portland
Mom's Bun Bo Hue (Vietnamese Hue-Style Beef Noodle Soup)

*****
1 year ago today, Vietnam House Vietnamese Restaurant - San Gabriel.
2 years ago today, I asked what should I do with this case of mangoes?

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!