Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Farfalle with Oven-Dried Tomatoes, Mushrooms, and Corn

Farfalle with Oven-Dried Tomatoes, Mushrooms, and Corn 1


So of course, I can't show you how to make Oven-Dried Tomatoes and then not have a recipe. This was just cobbled together from what I had on hand. If I had bacon in the fridge, I definitely would have added it to this recipe, but it worked really well as a vegetarian dish because of the concentrated flavor of the oven-dried tomatoes.

Farfalle with Oven-Dried Tomatoes, Mushrooms, and Corn

You'll need:
1/2 pound of farfalle pasta, boiled
As many Oven-Dried Tomatoes as you'd like
8 oz mushrooms, quartered
1 14-oz can corn, drained
1 8-oz can of cream of mushroom soup
3 cloves of garlic, minced

Boil farfalle or any other pasta of your choice and set aside to drain.

Saute 3 cloves of minced garlic in olive oil until just softened. Add 8 oz of quartered mushrooms and saute until the mushrooms have softened to your liking. Add one 8 oz can of cream of mushroom soup and stir until the condensed soup becomes a sauce. Dilute with water if it's too thick. If you don't have cream of mushroom soup on hand, you can dissolve 1 tblsp corn starch in 1/2 cup of milk for the cream sauce.

When the sauce is to your liking, add the oven-dried tomatoes, drained corn kernels, and pasta and toss.


Farfalle with Oven-Dried Tomatoes, Mushrooms, and Corn 2


Enjoy!

*****
1 year ago today, Lil' sis abandoned me :( and why we're such daddy's girls.

4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic combination of flavours. I'm all of a sudden craving pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    Thanks. I just love the combo of tomatoes, corn, and mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipe- and the results look yummy!

    Somehow my RSS feed is now showing your older posts first but posts like these are in the middle. The posts about the blogging are in the front...is this a Blogger problem? It shows here in the post it was put up on the 9/20 but only today did I see it, and it's not on the top. Don't know...

    As always a great photos from Flickr. I ready your post about the photos and Flickr photos really look great1

    ReplyDelete
  4. WSL98787,
    The feed should be fine. I published the online perceptions post ahead of schedule b/c of the Yelp plagiarist.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!